I’ve been very very anxious–disheartened–lately. I’ve been looking for answers left and right, asking counsel from people I look up to, trying to squeeze God for any sign of where He wants me to go after I graduate college. I have plans already of going out of the country and earning my masters degree, but so far, I have found no scholarships. If you’ve been following me on Twitter, you know this.
I almost thought that everything was in place til this week when I received a couple of emails from people I inquired to about the scholarships. My mom was already asking me about any plan if ever I don’t get one. Well, there’s no other plan! I’ve been imagining this since before I went to college. And now…nothing!
Tonight, I was studying our material for church tomorrow, Experiencing the Heart of Jesus by Max Lucado. The title of the lesson was Experiencing Hope in Jesus.
2 things really spoke to me:
1. He has ample space for me
If in this world, we experience a lot of rejection, a lot of “WE HAVE NO ROOM FOR YOU”, well, God has! If He has some space for me, this means that I am part of the journey–I am part of the family–I am a child–He has a plan! It’s really difficult to say that I trust God COMPLETELY, but…I guess I have to. He already has things planned out for me. All I have to do is either wait, or ask what He has in store for me.
He doesn’t just have some space, but
2. He already prepared a place, a MANSION for me
If I have a mansion, that means that what He plans is good…GRAND! Although I see things in the perspective of the here and now, God understands not just that but the perspective of YET TO COME.
I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you…
Although I still don’t understand everything, like Abraham, I should take a leap of faith and trust that someday I can be a Joseph who didn’t understand everything, yet he obeyed, and became mighty.
If it is God’s will, He will give me a scholarship, if not, He has better plans. My hope is in God, He holds my future.
If you’re reading this, pray for me. God bless you!
Alexander John ‘AJ’ Villanueva
posted from my Blackberry
- God’s Story, Your Story by Max Lucado (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)
- Church Resources Available for Max Lucado’s Timely Book ‘Fearless’ (prweb.com)
- All The Chapters In Between (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Max Lucado (megj1975.wordpress.com)
- “Knitted Together” from Max Lucado (harvestworkersdoor.wordpress.com)
- Fear of life! (via YOU DECIDE) (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)
- Upwords Devotionsl (megj1975.wordpress.com)
- When God Whispers (shandraharris.wordpress.com)