I am reading the whole book of Hebrews, a chapter a day. Today’s Bible reading led me to reading Hebrews 11 which is about how people in the Old Testament obeyed God, even though they do not see what is up ahead.
What struck me, and is very significant to me is verses 7 to 9:
7£ Because Noah had faith, he was warned about something that had not yet happened. He obeyed and built a boat that saved him and his family. In this way the people of the world were judged, and Noah was given the blessings that come to everyone who pleases God.
They have things in common: they did not know, they were not sure, Noah was sure of something that had not yet happened, Abraham left his home for a place that he never saw. But they were blessed. Verse 7 says that Noah was given the blessing that come to everyone who pleases God. Verse 9 says that Abraham lived in a tent, but his children were all blessed by God.
Wait, Abraham lived in a tent in the land God promised him? How can that be even God’s promise?
Well, as one of my favorite movies, Soulsurfer, has imparted, we have to get some perspective, God’s. Still, so many things are part of waiting–character for instance, maybe the most important.
Maybe you moved to a place where God promised you. But it seems as if God is not with you, well God IS with you. You will see the blessing. Prepare for it!
I’m saying all of this because I think I am about to go to that place…in a tent…waiting for the blessing.
- The Journey of Faith: Promise and Call (Genesis 12) (genesisjournal.wordpress.com)
- Unwavering faith (awordfromgodsword.wordpress.com)
- Hebrews 11: Faith’s Hall of Fame (joequatrone.wordpress.com)
- How Sure is Our Hope? (loosehim.wordpress.com)
- Hebrews 11 (biblestudy123.wordpress.com)
- He Brews Faithfulness! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- Wall-Smashing Faith (setwatchman.com)
- Bible In 90 Days 58: HEBREWS (kevmill.wordpress.com)