Yesterday, Sunday, my eldest brother and his wife gave a cake from this shop to my parents for their 31st anniversary tomorrow. We won’t be able to meet up as a family that’s why celebrations are staggard.
I don’t what this cake is called but it tastes and looks like Chocolate Mousse with a little bit of coffee. It actually tastes good, rich in flavors. But men, you won’t last another slice of it. It’s sooo rich. The middle layer was like bombarded by a ton of butter. Not good for a lactose-intolerant like me. The crust was good. It had nuts together with the crust mixture. The chocolate shavings are enjoyable, I can eat all of it at once.
This type of cake is not for one to two sittings, unlike Red Ribbon cakes (well, at least in my family). But it was really good almost crossing the line of too good, too flavorful to consume by bulks.
Well, nothing beats the cakes from Banapple. haha!
- Chocolate Mousse Pie (jensfreshandfabulous.com)
- The Cape Grace Chocolate Cake (missjonesandtheelusivefoodorgasm.wordpress.com)
- Food blog: Red Ribbon Blackforest (ajvillanueva.wordpress.com)
- Food blog: early birthday treats (ajvillanueva.wordpress.com)
- Food blog: Banapple (ajvillanueva.wordpress.com)